Er_con_count_error too many connections

Good day, I’m using the standard integration using nodejs sdk and I’ve been testing my integration which has been going great but then I stumbled upon this error some minutes ago, “er_con_count_error too many connections” and I haven’t come across that error in all my testing.

Anything I can do about that?

Yes even I have noticed the same.

I noticed the error too a couple of hours ago on my test integration, hence the googling. I went back and tried the good old off/start solution and things are fine now. Test payment went through. But it will be nice for FW to tell us why that may have happened.

Hello everyone :wave:t4:,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the team. They have been very important to help us scope and resolve the issue.

Over the last couple of days, we have taken a critical look at our testing environment and are working to improve it for you. The issue reported has been resolved.

We want to encourage you to keep sharing your feedback and experiences with the team.

Thank you.

ER_CON_COUNT_ERROR: Too many connections is happening again, can you check on it?

Hi @TCop_Tech :wave:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the us.

The error occurs when there are too many requests more than the stipulated number of requests/connections the server connection can handle at a particular time.

However, this issue has been resolved and your app should be working fine,

Endeavour to reach out if you encounter any blocker.

Best regards

1 Like

This is still happening with me.
Can you please let us know what is the number of connections after which it starts failing?

The error I Receive is:

Too many connections, Please try again after 5 mins.

Hope to hear from you soon.

hi @Abhishek_Matta

you are is getting rate limited
call the APIs gracefully else that happens
you can read up on this to get some guidance on what to do

What do you mean by gracefully?
Is there a limit to no. of calls for some time span?

Hi @Abhishek_Matta

To gracefully handle rate limits, the best option is to look out for http response code 429 and implement a graceful retry. The retry mechanism should have a backoff mechanism to ensure the rate limits are again not exceeded.