Test Cards Not Working

Im using Rave standard. Ive updated my api keys to test keys and my links to the test api location but yet i keep recieving the error “Only Test cards are allowed in test mode.” Despite the fact im using the test cards they provided. How can i fix this

Hello @Noble_Eugene :wave:,

Kindly note that whenever you try to use a live card(a functional bank card) in test mode you will get an error reading “This is a test environment, only test cards can be used”, and whenever you try to use a test card in live mode you will get a different error reading “Card not 3-D secure. Please try another card or contact your bank”.

Therefore, I will advise you double check from your dashboard to confirm if you are currently on test mode before using a test card.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

I’ve switched to test mode but i still get this “Card not 3-D secure. Please try another card or contact your bank.” error

Hi @PRINCE

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Kindly ensure that you switch to test mode on your dashboard before attempting a transaction on test.

I will remain on standby for your response.

Adekunle.

Thanks for your response.
Yes like previously explained, I switched to test mode before attempting. now its even telling me that " Only test cards are allowed when in test mode ", while what am using are test cards

Hi @PRINCE

I will need some additional information to help you resolve this. Kindly share the endpoint and the data that was passed in the request payload.

PS: Be sure to hide any sensitive information when sharing the payload.

Adekunle

Hi @PRINCE

Thanks for sharing this experience with us,

However, the thumbnail on the last picture you sent says “using the test card in live mode”. If this is true, the error message displayed indicates that you need to use live cards on live mode, and in order to use test cards you need to do the following;

• navigate to your dashboard and toggle from live mode to test mode (on the bottom left corner)
  • navigate to settings and copy the Test API Keys

P.S: Note that the Test API Keys are different from Live API Keys, therefore, you must ensure to switch API Keys depending on the mode you’re currently on.

After the above has been done, you can then retry the transaction with test card details.

Best regards

Adekunle

thanks its working now.
When I used the test public key previously , the payment page only displayed logo, amount and “SECURED BY FLUTTERWAVE” text.
But now its all good.
thanks again

1 Like

Please I’m having a problem with the test api…

It’s not showing payment options and button to pay

It’s showing only text, logo and amount

Hi @Aniah_Moses :wave:

Can you please share more information about the feature your trying to access (i.e Flutterwave standard e.t.c.), the endpoint, and your request payload.

Adekunle

Good afternoon Mr. Adekunle
I’m having the same issues with “Test API”
It’s not showing payment options, and a button to pay.
It’s showing only text, logo, and amount

I’m using Flutterwave Inline js-library.
Please I need your help. I have spent so much time trying to fix this

Could this be the result of not completely setting up my account, such as submitting the business CAC documents and the rest? DO I have to do this to use test mode?

Hi @Sanchez_Cyril

Kindly make sure you replace the “public_key” parameter in the FlutterwaveCheckout() function with your valid Test public key from your dashboard.

However, if the action above does not address the issue, you can then share more information about the action taken i.e your request payload.

Adekunle